Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Power, Love, and Self Control

There's a quote that has helped me in dealing with fear.

"For God did not give us a Spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1.7

I remind myself as often as needed, which is sometimes quite frequently, that the Spirit of God lives in me and it is God's power, love, and self-control that moves me. When I am in agreement with God's Spirit then I am moving in step with God and have nothing to fear, no reason to be timid, no reason to feel shame or guilt... which motivates me to live fully in God's grace provided by Jesus in his victory on the cross.

Praying you can walk with God's Spirit, move beyond your fears, and into power, love, and self-control. And if a 5 second tool helps, then so be it. Define your fears and walk through them in power.

A TED talk that gives a tool for defining fears and moves you to embrace life.

A YouTube song by Matthew West singing about the above quote.

No comments: