Sunday, August 5, 2018

Car Wash Day

Trying to wash the vehicles today... me to kiddos:
"Stop spraying everything! I said you could get wet, not take a bath in those bubbles. How many times are you going to wash the hood of the car. Stop throwing the sponge on top of the car. Don't throw the sponge at the car. We aren't trying to use up all the soapy water, just wash the car." 

They ask twenty times, "Can we wash mom's can? Can we? Mom can we? Dad can we?"

Me: "Okay, we can wash the van. But not in the garage. Stop throwing your sponge on top of the car. I said we aren't washing the van inside the garage. I have to back it out first. Stop spraying everything. We don't need to wash the inside of the car. The hose doesn't go in there. Get out of the car. No, I'll wash the top of the car. I said we aren't washing the van in the garage. Quit washing the hood of the car. Stop putting soap every where. Leave the bucket alone. We aren't washing the van in the garage. Wait till I pull it out."

The price one pays for children helping.


The price one pays for children not helping... no relationship. Lack of help later. No joy at their crazy antics. And no hosing them off just for fun. 


No comments: