Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Maybe I'll run The Great Wall Marathon

I am a little frustrated with my body... specifically my knees. I have been pretty healthy while here in China, but since April 26 I have had some troubles with my knees. On that day I ran about 16 miles, 5 to 6 of which where on the stairs at Tai He Hospital and the rest was running across town and back.

Maybe they (my knees) have reason to be angry with me, but now they should be happy! I am seeing the great and wonderful Doctors of Tai He Hospital, two of which are German Doctors from Hamburg. They are here for two months. Today I got my knees wrapped with some Traditional Chinese Medicines. I will have this done everyday until I leave for Beijing (Tuesday May 15). The Doctors were all so nice! They didn't make me pay for much of the help they gave and they want me to come back again.

I also so the Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine for a full health review. They are asking me to drink some bitter herbs, take some pills to make me less "regular", and then some other pills for something else... the pills are all traditional medicines so I am not concerned in the least. It is all natural and should help to heal my digestive tract, which is then supposed to allow the rest of my body to heal itself.

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run the Great Wall Marathon, but now the doctors are saying it is possible, but there will be pain and some swelling. Let's so how quickly they will be able to heal my knees - they have ten days! Then I will destroy them on the Great Wall Marathon and they will have to heal them again... so I hope to run the race... I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: