Monday, May 14, 2007

Leaving for Beijing Tomorrow

I am needing to pack for our week long trip to Beijing. I have only partly begun - by partly I mean that I have taken out 5 things to take with me.

Our train departs at 5:30pm (arriving in Beijing at Noon:30 the next day, that is 19 hours) and the Lewis family will be sharing the same car, same immediate area - we will quickly breath each other's air. This will make the trip more interesting. We will have so many Chinese people staring at this large group of loud foreigners. The Lewis family has 3 teenage girls that like attention 90% of the time.

While on the train, I usually like to read, play Chinese Chess, study Mandarin (Chinese Language), and sleep. I don't know what will happen this go round, but I do plan to read, play chess, and study the language.

I have downloaded this book into my Pocket PC (PDA): The Revised & Expanded Answers Book ... I have already read most of it, very interesting ideas about Science supporting Biblical Creation. Oh, these guys are serious scientists! If you want some amazing ideas about the Big Bang Theory and the New Creationist Cosmology supported by "gravitational time dilation, black and white holes, event horizons and so on..." you should read Chapter 5.

Oh, I will have about 3 classes tomorrow... which means I will go to 2 of them and Brad, thank you Brad, will take care of the other one for me.

I'll try to come back to Shiyan in one piece, with my knees still moving, and blogging about the journey... maybe even putting a picture of the run on here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the race..