Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A.S.K.

Do you ask the universe or God to provide you with something you are desperate for? What is the thing you have wanted most in life? What are your regular asks of the universe or God?

When I think about the joy of receiving a gift... and a gift I really want, I know that there are few people who know what I really want and need. But the bigger issue for me is, do I know what I really want and need?

I often revert back to this passage in Luke 11:9-13, which highlights for me the greatest gift, connection to God. I am desperate for the Holy Spirit. Are you?

Jesus taught this...

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

No comments: