Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Motivational

39 years old.

With a sweet, spunky two year old daughter.

And I've finally realized that I truly need others to get most anything serious done.

Does that make me some sort of codependent type or does it mean I just do well in community?

So, how can my life be more productive? Should I have "work parties" more often? The goal of said "work parties" would be to accomplish a certain task through getting like minded people together. For instance, I saw on a blog about how Fiero loving people work together to fix a kid's car and in that story it talks about another kid with cancer: 
He's seen it before, with guys like Tyler Shipman. A few years ago, the 18-year-old Fiero owner was diagnosed with cancer. The disease wasn't responding to treatment, and he posted on the Fiero forum, asking for parts to get his car working "before I'm gone." Three weeks later, dozens of Fiero fans from around the country descended on his Minnesota town, CNN affiliate KARE reported. They got the car working during a one-day auto-repair binge. They painted it yellow -- Tyler's choice. 
Tyler died about in February, 2010, four months after his diagnosis. He left the car to his kid brother, and another one for his little sister. Now, there's an annual car show in his memory. Kathryn and her family don't know the Shipmans, but they plan to be there next year. The hood badge on her finished car will be in memory of Tyler, a teen who didn't get enough time with his Fiero.
I'm not like those two, I'm not a kid, and I don't have cancer. But they have a Fiero Forum. What if I just use some sort of Life Forum? I'll ask all my friends to connect me with their friends who have the skills for the project I need and we'll do it all together. Oh, wait, this sounds like Facebook. I don't use FB in that way. Maybe I should?

What are your thoughts? 

1 comment:

Ajazgames said...

Great Post! …. Thank you so much, its taken me forever to find this


New escape games
escape games