Friday, April 20, 2007

Inspiration

This site is all about INSPIRATION - what is it that inspires me, you, us, to do this thing called life? So, I'll be writing from my perspective... just for me, and you get to listen in
... let's keep it our little secret.

I stink at blogging. I try to write something regularly, but I always think it must be perfect. The art of the blog is to just write and let the mind share the stories wanting to get out. So this is my aim from now on.

I like that this site has spell check as I type, at least my errors won't be in the spelling department if I watch the screen as I type.

My frustration with the blogs I have had is that they were for Jaime and I ... I feel like this limits me. I need to talk about us and our events, which is good, but I am more self-centered when I write. Did you notice how many times I said "I" in this paragraph?

Anyway. We are here in China and happy to be serving Him.

Here are some of my inspirations:
1. Our Father is my greatest motivation. He has given me so much!
2. Jaime
3. Challenges, difficulties, adversity*
4. Running The Great Wall Marathon
5. Exploring Shi Yan on bike and Google Mapping the finds
6. Learning Chinese language and culture
7. Sharing with others
8. Being the best I can be for Him

#3 "Challenges, difficulties, adversity" - are sometimes good things, like marriage, relationships, and everyday life - other times these challenges are monstrously scary and life threatening. Learning to be content daily, while searching for greater understanding and deeper intimacy in life is a great struggle, but by no means is it negative. It can be a little draining, a little mundane, and this brings about the challenge of finding the great and wonderful in the little and seemingly insignificant moments that make up the majority of our lives.

Dad is always on and in my list, as well as Jaime. These two are constants in my life and they are inspiring, supportive, and ever encouraging. Sometimes it is awkward knowing where to place them and how to label them, because they consume so much of my world.

Life is best when there is a goal, a hope, and a long the way there is some mystery to solve... I am ever searching for more questions.

No comments: